jump to navigation

Putting the FUN in Fundraising! May 5, 2008

Posted by K in Goals, K's Perspective, Team in Training.
trackback

Well as I mentioned earlier in this blog, I’ve decided to sign up for Team in Training and complete the Pacific Grove Triathlon! I’m so excited and proud to be a part of an organization that does so much for people with Leukemia, Lymphoma and other blood cancers. Our Team Honoree actually is alive today because of a drug that the LLS helped fund through their research grants.

The one thing I REALLY like about LLS is that they’re an organization that actually uses the funds for research, patient advocacy, patient care and other patient related services. Unlike many other organizations that raise money for some cause or another, 75% of the money we raise goes directly to LLS for research and patient services. The other 25% is the administrative fees for us to be registered for the event, to make our contribution to the coaches and etc. Plus, we participants join a “team” of sorts and we get support, coaching, motivation, and the chance to just have fun and do something that many of us have never done before.

I’m really looking forward to being a part of the team but I need help from my friends, family, and even from blogland. LLS/TnT sets a minimum amount of money to raise in order to participate in the event. This year, I’ve decided to set my own fundraising goal above what i have to raise – I’d like to raise $3,500 for Team in Training and the Leukemia and Lymphoma society!

Donating is easy and fun! Please go to my Team In Training Fundraising page and click on Donate. Any little bit helps me get started towards my goal of $3,500!!

Thank You!

K

Advertisements

Comments»

No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: